BECOME A RISING LEADER. MAKE AN IMPACT TODAY.
United Way of Mid-Maine’s Rising Leaders Society is a group of fun and enthusiastic young professionals. Rising Leaders of Mid-Maine know that it takes a combination of our time and treasure to make a difference, so they have joined together to create an even bigger impact. Sign up today to receive invitations to roll up your sleeves and volunteer as well as opportunities to network with other young professionals.
Participate as much or as little as you’d like:
- Networking events and relationship building – Exclusive invitations to all UWMM events and networking opportunities.
- Hands-on volunteer projects – Be rewarded for the time you spend volunteering. Easily find and track volunteer hours that align with your interests and schedule, and participate in Rising Leaders-only volunteer projects.
- Public appreciation – Rising Leaders meeting the following requirements will receive recognition on our website.
- $100 + 30 hours of volunteer time
- $200 + 20 hours of volunteer time
- $300 or more + 10 hours of volunteer time
- Join the Steering Committee – Attend Steering Committee meetings to guide the work of Rising Leaders and identify causes and projects that matter to you.
HOW TO JOIN
The best way to join Rising Leaders is by completing the form at the top of this page. A staff member will be in touch with you to relay next steps. Otherwise, you can:
- Make Your Gift: Anyone can join Rising Leaders, any sized gift makes an impact. As a way nurture philanthropy and leadership skills UWMM has suggested the levels listed above. For less than $0.50 a day you can make a lasting impact on our community. Rising Leader’s gifts are more than doubled in value to the community through volunteerism.
- Donate Your Time
How you obtain your volunteer hours is completely up to you. United Way will not provide all of your volunteer hours, but we encourage everyone to search for local volunteer positions that suit their schedule and interests through our robust VolunteerME web platform. This is the platform you must use to track your volunteer hours throughout the year. Your annual hours are due by December 31 each year.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
RISING LEADERS STEERING COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
Samantha Burdick, United Way of Mid-Maine
Nikki Busmanis, 211 Maine
Tyler Hafford, Morgan Stanley
Elizabeth Llewellyn, KFS
Brittany Newman, Colby College
James Wood, United Insurance
Molly Woodard, New Dimensions Credit Union