Annual Community Campaign
$519,677 of $700,000 raised
ONE in FOUR Mid-Mainers benefit from United Way of Mid-Maine (UWMM)-funded programs and initiatives.
Your generous donations support:
Health: Meeting Immediate Needs
- FamilyWize prescription discount cards saved Mid-Mainers over $28,000 in 2017.
- Twenty-Five Pantry Project hosts collected over 5,100 pounds of food for food pantries throughout our service area. That’s almost 4,200 meals!
- Keeping Mid-Maine Warm distributes funds to help people cover emergency heating costs.
- UWMM also funds ten programs offered by eight Partner Agencies to ensure everyone in our community has their basic needs met.
Education: Strengthening Children, Youth, and Families
- Stuff the Bus provided $19,000 worth of school supplies to school districts throughout Mid-Maine in 2018, helping over 1,100 students in need.
- Youth Homelessness Initiative provided over $6,000 to participating school districts for the 2017-2018 school year, providing services to homeless and at-risk youth that aren’t covered by state and federal funding. This includes the cost of glasses, taxi fare to get to school, and even a cap and gown for graduation.
- UWMM also funds 13 programs offered by eight Partner Agencies to ensure all children grow up in a stable environment, safe, healthy, and ready to succeed.
Financial Stability: Promoting Independence
- The CA$H Coalition saved qualifying taxpayers over $200,000 in refunds and credits.
- 211 Maine received over 35,000 calls connecting people to services to meet their housing, food, and health care needs.
- UWMM also funds seven programs offered by five Partner Agencies to ensure all people are independent and have the means to care and provide for themselves.