United Way of Mid-Maine is NOW HIRING!
Resource Development Director
If you want your work to make a difference in your community and you like working with people; if you are well-organized, enjoy fundraising, and have strong communication skills – WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU! United Way of Mid-Maine needs the right person to help us engage the community in our resource development and annual fundraising campaign.
The Resource Development Director is a fundraising and communications professional who directs all elements of resource development for United Way of Mid-Maine including the annual fundraising campaign. This person will also coordinate the Public Relations, Marketing, and Communications initiatives of the agency. The Resource Development Director will possess strong organizational, planning, and analytical skills as well as keen attention to detail. This person must be able to motivate others and work well with many types of people. A focus on year-round relationship building with donors, campaign account representatives, and volunteers is critical. This position requires leadership ability, professionalism, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Creates and administers a strategically-aligned workplan for Resource Development for the organization
- Ensures the smooth and organized operation of Resource Development initiatives including the annual workplace fundraising campaign
- Assures that volunteers (such as Campaign Cabinet and Employee Campaign Coordinators) are an integral part of United Way of Mid-Maine’s overall Resource Development initiatives
- Establishes a broad level of understanding, acceptance, and giving for the United Way of Mid-Maine
- Travel and public speaking are required
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent education/experience required
- Valid Maine Driver’s License required
We offer a benefits package to all full-time employees including medical, retirement, paid holidays and time off. Company paid group term life insurance.
Job Type: Full-time, salaried
- Two to four years’ experience in successful fundraising or resource development is required.
- Experience in a United Way or other non-profit organization is preferred.
- Additional experience in PR/Marketing, volunteer management, project management, training and communications is desirable.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite—specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint—is required.
- Database management, report generation, and web design experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge is a plus.
- Waterville, ME
Send your resume with a cover letter by March 23 to:
ATTN: Hiring Committee at email@example.com
United Way of Mid-Maine
105 Kennedy Memorial Drive
Waterville, ME 04901